To my American Fiends

Lounge
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K

To my American Fiends

Post by bluejay_32 » July 4th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Happy temper tantrum day. :lol:

Seriously though, happy 4th from a loyal subject of the Queen. :mrgreen: :usaflag:
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq

Re: To my American Fiends

Post by Ponyguy » July 6th, 2019, 1:44 am

Thank you, Mr. BlueJay...

On our sunny and warm Independence Day, I took our family to a concert at Cantigny Park, a large park in far western Chicago 'burbs dedicated to the memory of The U.S. Army's First Division. Lots of military history there, primarily Army, of course, but all U.S. military Veterans are welcomed and honored. On Independence Day, they featured a large orchestral performance outdoors on the lawn, performing musical memories for veterans. As a finale, all of us veterans :usaflag: were invited to the stage while the various military theme songs were performed, and the color guard did their thing. That took most of the afternoon; then I drove the three of us down to Ottawa, IL where our son & his crew live. We had dinner, then off to the local fireworks display along the Illinois River. We took the grandkids back to their home and put them to bed, then we drove back home in the rain.
ImageImageImage

1984 Mustang Convertible 2004 Ranger XLT Flareside 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition