Mustang Mach E

Lounge
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq

Mustang Mach E

Post by Ponyguy » November 16th, 2019, 1:07 am

Frankly, I'm disappointed. Seriously. I expected better.

In the appearance... especially the "face" of it... it looks a lot like a transplant of the face of the first-edition Tesla Model S, with that oval plug in the grille space.
I'm disappointed with the name... "Mustang" is a sacred name, not something used to prostitute a vehicle like this.

Ford should know better to fool around with the "Mustang" nameplate... remember back in the 1980's when Ford was going to slap "Mustang" on a FWD Jap-mobile which became another loser-mobile with an embarrassing name like "Probe," which became the butt of many jokes... they should have simply called it a "Tampon" and laughed at it, along with the critics. Fortunately, the Mustang fans turned out en-masse and thwarted that endeavor, and Ford's RWD Pony car integrity survived.

Ford Motor Company, are you out of your MIND??? With the F-150 (and many other vehicles) hemorrhaging money with recalls, and the 2020 Explorer stumbling its way out of the starting blocks, you really need a stellar vehicle as you seriously enter the Electric vehicle arena. This ain't it. It's shaped like a turd!

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... show-debut

https://autoweek.com/article/green-cars ... ation-site
ImageImageImage

1984 Mustang Convertible 2004 Ranger XLT Flareside 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
Peachpicker
POTM Winner

Re: Mustang Mach E

Post by Peachpicker » November 16th, 2019, 10:52 am

Well Pony, I couldn't have said it any better myself. Ford won't be happy until they completely destroy the Mustang lineage and then no one will buy/want the one remaining car they have to offer. Then that will be a good reason to do away with it. It will be like "Look, we aren't selling enough so it's time to cancel them". Christ, they claim they can't make any money on the Fusion and that is with nearly 200k units a year. IMHO, the Fusion is one of the best kept secrets they have. Too bad they don't advertise them anymore. You don't see the Asian companies cancelling their cars, if fact, many are introducing new/updated models. I bet when GM and Ford announced they were getting out of cars the Asian companies were doing their Happy Dance. I would like to know what their plan is to attract the young buyers to a relatively inexpensive model to get them into the fold, hoping that as their incomes go up they will move into a pricier Ford. I would be willing to bet that this turd will have recalls before it even gets out of the lot at the plant. Maybe it should be called the short circuit. Absolute total disappointment as far as I am concerned. All I can say is that I am glad I purchased a '19 Fusion earlier this year. Between the Panthers and the Fusion, with any luck I'll be dead before I have to decide on what new vehicle to purchase.
2000 CV-P73 (1 option car)-HPP, AKA "The Green Machine" 155K miles
2001 CV LX Sport 50K miles
CrownBen
Club 1K

Post by CrownBen » November 18th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Rear end looks like a Honda Crosstour, side and inside looks like a Tesla.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
95 CVLX · 77 F250
Priors: 00 V70 XC · 88 Grand Am · 77 Grand Prix · 86 LTD CV · 86 Country Squire · 88 Daytona · 75 CB750 · 53 Dodge B4C pickup
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MVP
Elite 5K

Post by bluejay_32 » November 18th, 2019, 6:32 pm

CrownBen wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 12:02 pm
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
I disagree. I say, "If you can't beat 'em, get a bigger fck hammer."
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
hot__box wrote:I know bluejay hates everything carburetor, so i'm not waiting on his reply :D
CrownBen
Club 1K

Post by CrownBen » November 19th, 2019, 10:16 am

On the drive home, I heard an interview with Hackett stating it's an SUV. A Mustang SUV.
They have officially sold out.
95 CVLX · 77 F250
Priors: 00 V70 XC · 88 Grand Am · 77 Grand Prix · 86 LTD CV · 86 Country Squire · 88 Daytona · 75 CB750 · 53 Dodge B4C pickup
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MVP
Elite 5K

Post by bluejay_32 » November 19th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Whoever put the words Mustang and SUV next to one another needs to be smacked upside the head with a 2X4.

And I fck hate Mustangs.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
hot__box wrote:I know bluejay hates everything carburetor, so i'm not waiting on his reply :D