What did you do to your panther today?

Lounge
User avatar
LTC_Dave
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK
Club 1K
Posts: 3635
Joined: August 25th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by LTC_Dave » September 6th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Lower ball joints on the 01.

Image
Image
:monocle:***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, Factory NAV, THX 9 Speaker, Sunroof, Heated Seats,"Fully Loaded"
:monocle:***97 LTC Cartier. Cordovan Red. 78k miles.

2001 Crown Vic. Silver 137k
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 10th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Washed it.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
User avatar
LTC_Dave
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK
Club 1K
Posts: 3635
Joined: August 25th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by LTC_Dave » September 10th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Cleaned the grounds and battery terminals on the 01.

Image
Image
:monocle:***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, Factory NAV, THX 9 Speaker, Sunroof, Heated Seats,"Fully Loaded"
:monocle:***97 LTC Cartier. Cordovan Red. 78k miles.

2001 Crown Vic. Silver 137k
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq
Posts: 11763
Joined: August 26th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by Ponyguy » September 11th, 2019, 12:52 am

What did you do to your panther today?
Not a damned thing; just drove it to the doctor's, and stopped at the Dollar $tore on the way home. :shrug:
/High Roller :rolleyes:
ImageImageImage

1984 Mustang Convertible 2004 Ranger XLT Flareside 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 13th, 2019, 9:18 pm

I'm getting really tired of the Explorer compass reading so much higher temperature than a thermometer would. I thought that if I added a longer length of 20 ga wire it would increase the resistance and make it closer to accurate. It didn't. It's reading about 15 degrees high now.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq
Posts: 11763
Joined: August 26th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by Ponyguy » September 14th, 2019, 12:30 am

bluejay_32 wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 9:18 pm
I'm getting really tired of the Explorer compass reading so much higher temperature than a thermometer would. I thought that if I added a longer length of 20 ga wire it would increase the resistance and make it closer to accurate. It didn't. It's reading about 15 degrees high now.
Did you use thermocouple wire? Or just plain old copper? (It DOES make a difference.)
ImageImageImage

1984 Mustang Convertible 2004 Ranger XLT Flareside 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 14th, 2019, 12:58 am

It was wiring I pulled from the Lincoln headliner. The exact same wiring I cut out of the Explorer, just different colours.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 15th, 2019, 9:05 pm

Took it down to Kenmore Lanes for the first time in six months.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq
Posts: 11763
Joined: August 26th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by Ponyguy » September 16th, 2019, 12:54 am

bluejay_32 wrote:
September 15th, 2019, 9:05 pm
Took it down to Kenmore Lanes for the first time in six months.
Sears has a bowling alley?
ImageImageImage

1984 Mustang Convertible 2004 Ranger XLT Flareside 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 16th, 2019, 1:54 am

Ponyguy wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 12:54 am
bluejay_32 wrote:
September 15th, 2019, 9:05 pm
Took it down to Kenmore Lanes for the first time in six months.
Sears has a bowling alley?
What's Sears?
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 16th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Filled it.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
Ponyguy
POTM Winner
ronman@-esq
Posts: 11763
Joined: August 26th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by Ponyguy » September 17th, 2019, 12:41 am

This afternoon, I put $26.50 worth of Murphy Oil's 87 octane E-10 into the tank... before the inevitable gas price jump due to the Iran - Saudi turmoil...
Murphy Oil (WalMart) was still $2.68.9; BP has already boosted their price to $2.99.9/gallon, and the local Shell stations are asking $3.05.9 for 87 octane E-10
ImageImageImage

1984 Mustang Convertible 2004 Ranger XLT Flareside 2004 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
User avatar
bluejay_32
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK CVNw MWP
Club 1K
Posts: 4685
Joined: August 23rd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Location: wny
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by bluejay_32 » September 19th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Drove it to the dentist. Got my tooth fixed. Drove it back.
2008 Grand Marquis - bought 7/29/16 - 60,210 mi
Inagural CVNw POTM - December 2018 :greenthing:

CVN POTM - February 2019 :jump:
Image
Bellwestern80 wrote:Shame TechnoWeenie couldn't have handed us a pamphlet about VerticalScope.
User avatar
LTC_Dave
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK
Club 1K
Posts: 3635
Joined: August 25th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by LTC_Dave » September 19th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Digital volt meter for the 01.
Voltage is 12.9 - 14 when running.

Image
:monocle:***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, Factory NAV, THX 9 Speaker, Sunroof, Heated Seats,"Fully Loaded"
:monocle:***97 LTC Cartier. Cordovan Red. 78k miles.

2001 Crown Vic. Silver 137k
User avatar
LTC_Dave
POTM Winner Contributor to SoK
Club 1K
Posts: 3635
Joined: August 25th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What did you do to your panther today?

Post by LTC_Dave » September 22nd, 2019, 2:19 am

Lubricated the door latches and window channels on the 06.
Image
:monocle:***06 LTC Signature Limited, Silver Birch, Factory NAV, THX 9 Speaker, Sunroof, Heated Seats,"Fully Loaded"
:monocle:***97 LTC Cartier. Cordovan Red. 78k miles.

2001 Crown Vic. Silver 137k
Post Reply